NORIA – the Fiber Bragg Grating Manufacturing Solution
"Plug & Play" FBG Manufacturing
The NORIA tool is a manufacturing tool to produce Fiber Bragg Gratings (FBGs). A Deep Ultra Violet laser (Coherent Excistar XS 500Hz—ArF) and a phase mask (Ibsen Photonics) are used to transfer a periodic pattern into the core of a photosensitive optical fiber.
The NORIA tool holds a number of different masks in a revolver like holder, each mask having a different pattern periodicity. This flexibility allows the end-user to manufacture FBGs from predefined recipes in an automated fashion. In addition, multiple FBGs in an array can be written along the fiber at any desired position using the NORIA tools accurate positioning stage.
Sensor Manufacturing Made Easy
- "Plug & Play" system for FBG manufacturing—ready to use after installation
- Write multiple FBG's on a 150 mm length of fiber in one go
- Write uniform or apodized FBGs with a length of 1-10 mm
- Load the NORIA tool with up to 16 phase masks
- Use photo sensitive fibers or hydrogen loaded stand-ard fibers
- Easy to operate and load - fiber fixture system for handling loose fiber and fiber reels (option)
- Solutions for stripping and recoating available as options